Many people are so cautious when it comes to colour on their eyes and I completely get it. It can be really daunting to wear bright colours especially if it is not something that you are used to. I promise you though, it can be done and look nice too. I wore this look to work the other day and got so many compliments.
I’ve come up with some tips for those of you who are new to wearing colour.
– Pair one neutral shade with one colour. I’ve used a dark green in my crease but you could easily switch that to a brown for a more subtle and wearable look.
– Start by using one colour along the lash line or in the inner corner. (Did you see my Pop of Green post? Click here for an example)
– Purples and greens are the best colours to start with since they look good on most skin types and eye colours.
– BLEND. This should go without saying, but I see unblended eyeshadow way too frequently. Small and light strokes. The further down your brush you hold, the lighter you will press. Don’t clutch at the top of the brush.
– Don’t match your makeup to your clothes, just pick a colour that compliments. You wouldn’t necessarily have to wear red shoes with a red dress.
– Make sure you balance out your face. If you’re rocking a bright eye, keep the lips and cheeks subtle. I stress the word ‘subtle’, don’t neglect them.